Updating Your Provider Information
Issue: #391 NOV2016
Maintaining accurate provider information is critically important to ensure that consumers have timely access to care. Updated information helps us maintain accurate provider directories and also ensure that providers are more easily accessible by members. Additionally, Plans are required by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to include accurate information in provider directories for certain key provider data elements.
Since it is the responsibility of each provider to inform Plans when there are changes, providers are reminded to notify Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) of any changes to their demographic information or other key pieces of information, such as a change in their ability to accept new patients, street address, phone number or any other change that affects patient access to care. For BCBSND to remain compliant with federal and state requirements, changes must be communicated as soon as possible so that members have access to the most current information in the Provider Directory.
Key Data Elements
The key data elements required by CMS are as follows:
- Accepting New Patient Status
- Physical Disabilities Accommodations (e.g., wide entry, wheelchair access, accessible exam rooms and tables, lifts, scales, bathrooms and stalls, grab bars, other accessible equipment)
- Hospital Affiliations
- Indian Health Service Status
- Languages Spoken
- Licensing information (i.e. License Number, License State, National Provider Identifier NPI))
- Location (i.e. Address, Suite, City/State, Zip Code)
- Medical Group Affiliations
- Office Hours
- Phone Number
- Physician Gender
- Physician Name
- Provider Credentials (i.e. Board Certification, Place of Residency, Internship, Medical School, Year of Graduation)
- Email and website address
- Hospital has an emergency department, if applicable
How to Update Your Information
You can check your current practice information by visiting www.bcbsnd.com and click on “Find a Doctor.”
If your information is not correct and updates are needed, please provide the correct information as soon as possible by completing and submitting the applicable form under the Provider Services section (Update Provider Change Form, Accepting New Patients Update Form, etc).
For more information, please contact Provider Networks at (800) 756-2749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.