Remittance Files Updated Due to Branding
Issue: #411 NOV2019
Providers may notice an increase in the number of remittance files/payments received due to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) recently updating its branding. There can be up to 4 types of remittance files per payment cycle, as indicated below. Previously there were 2, one for BCBSND and one for the Federal Employees Plan (FEP).
- BCBSND is BCBSND only
- Dakota Health Plan (DHP) is co-branded DHP
- CHAND is be being branded CHAND only
- FEP is being branded FEP only
Other things to keep in mind with the remittance:
- The Payer ID provided on electronic remittance advice files will remain the same and will still reflect Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota as the payer.
- Overpayment recoveries are reported back to providers on their FEP and non-FEP remittances.