Medical Policies Available Online
Issue: #402 JUL2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) regularly develops and revises medical policies in response to rapidly changing medical technology. Our commitment is to update the provider community as medical policies are adopted and/or revised. Benefit determinations are made based on the medical policy in effect at the time of service.
The following medical policies were reviewed by the Internal Medical Policy Committee (IMPC) on May 9, 2018. Please see policy for changes. Medical policies will be available at www.BCBSND.com/web/providers/policies.
New medical policies:
- Home Health Extended Hours
Revised medical policies:
- Identification of Microorganisms Using Nucleic Acid
- Ultrasound Accelerated Fracture Healing Device
- Genetic Testing for Inherited Peripheral Neuropathies
- Gastric Electrical Stimulation
- Noninvasive Prenatal Testing for Fetal Aneuploidies
- Noninvasive Techniques for Evaluation of Chronic Liver Disease
- Myoelectric Upper Limb Prosthetic
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulator